Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Comics! (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

My shipments were off this week, so only one new comic to review:

Superboy #4:  I'm going all dark here just in case someone ignores the "HERE BE SPOILERS!" warning, because I'm guessing about something.  For the uninitiated, highlight with your cursor to read:  so, Simon is the Prime Hunter, right?  In "Adventure Comics" #1/#504, Tellus notes that Simon will be "his greatest friend -- and his greatest enemy."  I've wondered what the reveal on that comment would be, but, when the Science Hunters flee at Simon's presence, I had my answer.  It makes sense that science-geek Simon would become the leader of something called the "Science Hunters."  We're clearly supposed to think that Psion is referring to Conner when he's talking about infiltrating his inner circle to kill him, but I think it's more than likely he's referring to Simon, who becomes the despot that enslaves Psion and his friends.  I kind of hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.  I really hope they don't wait until, like, issue #100 to reveal it, because that'd get old quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment