Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Comics! (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

OK, actually, I'm only review one new comic, so the plural in the title is misleading.  I was going to review "Secret Avengers" #23 in this post along with "Captain America and Bucky" #627.  However, I got a few pages into the former before I realized that it happened after the end of the current "Venom" arc, so I stopped reading so I could finish the "Venom" arc first.  (Of course, the "Venom" arc doesn't finish for another week, at least.  WTF, Marvel?  You have an intro page, but don't bother to mention that we should wait to read "Venom" #13.4 and, probably, #14 first.  It's not my problem you decided to publish five "Venom" issues in one month.)

Captain America and Bucky #627:  OMG, SO MUCH exposition.  This issue basically involves nothing more than Adam III talking...and talking...and talking...and talking.  He even employs the trademarked super-villain "Let me reveal my master plan to you!" move.  I'm pretty sure you could skip this issue, pick up issue #628, and not notice any difference.  Sure, he knocks out Captain America and assumes his identity, but, um, does anyone believe that plan is going to last past next issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment