Monday, March 11, 2013

Superior Spider-Man #5 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Here's the thing.  If I thought, for a minute, that the events of this issue were going to have a lasting effect on Spider-Man's reputation, I might be intrigued.  But, they're not.  And they won't.  And so I don't really see the point of continuing to read this series just to see Dan Slott ruin Peter's life, only to have it all revert to normal at some point in the future.  It's not like he's actually done the hard work of changing a character, like the various X-authors have done with Cyclops.  This story might actually be interesting if we were talking about Dan Slott deciding that Peter Parker had finally had enough and started taking the law into his own hands.  But, Dan Slott isn't telling that story.  He's telling a gimmicky story that, like all gimmicky story, will end and be forgotten.  So, I think I'm done.  For the first time in the 30-something years that I've been reading comics, I won't be getting the main Spider-Man title.  Good job, Dan Slott and Steve Wacker.  You "won."

No comments:

Post a Comment