Saturday, April 13, 2013

Earth 2 #11 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

This Dr. Fate interlude has been an awkward one and I really find myself just biding my time until Alan and Kendra re-enter the scene.  It has unfortunately played to Robinson's major weakness, namely his affinity for forced exposition.  Here, this issue begins with Wotan having a nice chat with Jay's mother where he casually reveals not only his history but also his strengths and weaknesses to her.  By the time Wotan stops talking (six pages into the story), Robinson had already mostly lost me.  It also doesn't help that I haven't really clicked with Khalid, so I was somewhat unmoved by the burden that he feels in accepting the mantle of Dr. Fate (particularly since I don't necessarily understand why he necessarily has to go insane as a result).  Hopefully, it'll be better now that this show seems to be getting on the road.  At any rate, it's a rare miss for this title and I'm hoping that Fury's pursuit of Mr. Miracle will open the door for some more interesting (and fun) stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment