Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Red Hood and the Outlaws #19 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Honestly, I'm not sure what I think about this issue.  Something clearly happens in "Batman and Red Hood" #20 to make Jason lament his dark past, implying that it serves as some sort of stumbling block to his reconciliation with Bruce (if not for Bruce, then for Jason).  As such, he asks S'Aru to take away every memory that the darkness touches and, not surprisingly, given that it's Jason, S'Aru is forced to take all his memories.  If Tynion is using this story as a way for Jason to truly come to grips with his dark past so that he can become a hero again, then I'm all for it.  (Also, when I say "hero," I still want him to be Jason.  I still want him to essentially have a "no questions asked" approach with Bruce.  I don't suddenly want him to become Dick.)  But, if it's just another way of delaying his return to the Bat-family by having him wallow in his troubled history, then I really just want it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment