Friday, April 12, 2013

Winter Soldier #17 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Man, this title went downhill quick.  Seriously, I felt like I missed an issue.

I read my recap from last issue and I realized that I'm yet again left piecing together the story without a lot of faith that I'm getting it right.  After Tesla was trained in the Red Room, it seems like she was then sold to the highest bidder and it seems like her treatment at the hands of the espionage agency that hired her fueled her need for revenge.  However, I don't get why the Soviets would sell such a powerful weapon in the first place.  Moreover, her handler in the flashback sequence seems like he intended to go rogue with her, since he has his men attack Bucky.  If Bucky was simply following orders, then attacking him would be tantamount to breaking those orders.  So, it seems unlikely the handler would break the orders...and then just appear at the Red Room with Tesla as if everything was normal.  But, if he wasn't breaking orders, why have his men attack Bucky?

We also still have no idea why Latour went rogue when he did, though you'd be forgiven for forgetting that sub-plot entirely, given how much attention it's given in this issue.

Remember when I was worried that this series was going to become a series of bad episodes of "Alias?"  I unfortunately think that we're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment