Saturday, June 8, 2013

Justice League of America #4 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

It's becoming increasingly clear that Johns views reading this title as essential if you're reading "Justice League" and vice versa.  "Paleface" has a map of the Batcave, which seems to track with the revelation in "Justice League" that someone broke into the Batcave to steal the kryptonite ring and give it to Despero.  Moreover, the fact that the Atom was revealed in "Justice League" to be a spy for the JLA has clear implications for this title down the line.

The problem, however, is that I can't say I'm really enjoying either title all that much.  This issue was so boring that I actually stopped reading it halfway through it, picking it up later.  The back-up story about Martian Manhunter was the best part (similar to the Shazam! back-up stories in "Justice League"), but, since I'm not a long-time DC reader, some of it went over my head.  Basically, if I'm supposed to be shelling out $7.98 for both issues each month, I'm more inclined to shell out money for neither title, "Trinity War" or no "Trinity War."

No comments:

Post a Comment