Saturday, August 17, 2013

Secret Avengers #5 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I was enjoying this issue until the whole "permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council" business.  Um, no.  Simply because the unconfirmed director of S.H.I.E.L.D. ordered an assassination attempt -- that, might I add, didn't work -- the United Nations doesn't just hand a permanent seat on the Security Council to the country whose leader was targeted, particularly when said country happens to be the domain of a terrorist group.  The United Nations didn't give a seat to the Taliban-controlled areas of Afghanistan simply because the U.S. assassinated Osama bin Laden (and he was actually assassinated).  I get where Spencer was going here, but it was definitely a bridge too far.  That said, the rest of the issue is decent, particularly now that we've moved past the Daisy-Johnson-as-Director nonsense.  But, the permanent-seat bit spoiled the issue as a whole for me.  The good news is that I'm actually glad that Dr. Forson is alive, since his ability to bedevil S.H.I.E.L.D. is really quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment