Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fantastic Four 2099 #8: "Homecoming"

Raab and Kavanagh are forced to cover a spectacular amount of ground here.  We go through the destruction of New York, the flooding of the world, the flight to the Savage Land, the war with Atlantis, the arrival in the Savage Land, the reunification of the Fantastic Four, and a mission to Mars.  I'll give Raab and Kavanagh credit for doing the best that they can, but this issue is such a jumble of characters and plots that it's hardly enjoyable.  The reunion of the Fantastic Four has zero emotional impact, particularly since Ben immediately head to Alchemax's Mars colony with Father Jennifer and X-Nation.  As I mentioned in my review of the last issue of "Spider-Man 2099," it's clear that the rush to cancel the entire line ruined any chance for a graceful exit for any of the titles.  I'm going to take a break before I leap into "2099:  World of Tomorrow," just so that my anger fades a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment