Saturday, January 25, 2014

Infinity #6 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

It's been almost two months since I last read an issue of this mini-series and I'm not sure that the gap hurt, since it wasn't like I really understood the story that Hickman was telling after issue #5 anyway.  I have no idea why Black Bolt magically appeared on Earth after seemingly dying in the destruction of Attilan.  I also don't know why Supergiant seemed to believe that the bomb connected to him was something more than your average bomb (and not just in terms of its ability to destroy a planet).  I forget why Thanos wants all his children dead; I just have a vague recollection that it has something to do with courting Death, though I couldn't help but roll my eyes when he fails to kill Thane because he narrated his desire to do so for too long.  I was also annoyed by Hickman's blatant attempt to tie everything to his ongoing dying-world story.  Basically, Hickman does a poor job making this mini-series into anything more than an elaborate advertisement for the upcoming Inhuman-related titles and a plug for "New Avengers."  Although the issue was better written than Hickman's usual work, I'm giving it two stars for the overwhelming feeling of "meh" that I had at the end of it.  (The less said about the lack of anything in this series to do with the Infinity Gems, the better.)

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment