Sunday, January 26, 2014

Secret Avengers #12 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I can't say that I was all too thrilled with this issue.  The revelation that M.O.D.O.K. was the power behind the throne at A.I.M. was a little anti-climactic.  I was sort of waiting for it to be Dr. Doom or somebody.  (Mr. Fantastic would've been an actual surprise.)  After all, M.O.D.O.K. has always been connected to A.I.M.  It's no real surprise that he's running it again.  That said, Spencer invites the obvious question why M.O.D.O.K. would suddenly decide, after years of fighting the heroes of the Marvel Universe, to form an alliance with S.H.I.E.L.D.  If M.O.D.O.K. is really the power behind the throne, then why would he need to displace Dr. Forson?  Moreover, if he did need to displace him, why couldn't M.O.D.O.K. do it himself?   Also, it's unclear how A.I.M. suddenly became aware that Bobbi was inhabiting that scientist's body.  I guess that it could be Mentallo, though I'm not sure if we're going to get that information any time soon.  It's only the first issue of the arc, so I'll give Spencer time to tease out the plots a bit, but, right now, we don't seem to have much there.

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment