Friday, March 28, 2014

Justice League #28 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

This issue left me feeling like I was reading the comic adaptation of the "Bionic Six" or some other 1980s cartoon, given the innocence of the characters involved.

Johns does a good job of quickly staking out a personality for each of the Metal Men, though I have to admit that I was left wondering what about tin made Tin inherently nervous.  Unfortunately, I can't say that I really bought the story, given some odd plot holes and inconsistencies.  For example, if someone stole the prototype responsometer, how did Magus reconstruct the responsometers for the Metal Men?  From his notes?  Also, why did someone steal the responsometer?  Who knew enough about the project and wanted to create mayhem?  Also, if Magus loved them like a father, why decide not to recreate them?  I was just left with too many questions here, partly, I'm sure, to encourage us to read the inevitable Metal Men series.

For an issue of "Justice League" during "Forever Evil," it's hard to believe that Johns couldn't find some other focus for this issue.

** (two of five stars) 

No comments:

Post a Comment