Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #11 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I wasn't sure where we were going with this issue, but I have to say that it really worked.  Grizzly and the Looter give us a criminal's-eye view of the more violent version of Spider-Man, something that I expected us to see more during this series.  So far, we've only seen Spidey's allies (theoretically) voice their concern over his more violent behavior; we haven't really seen the impact of it on the criminals except for "Superior Spider-Man" Annual #1.  It's a welcome addition to Otto's story.  Moreover, I'd be happy if we actually got to see more of Spideys' villains than just the Sinister Six.  I know that I just complained that last issue's focus on the Beetle, Overdrive, and Speed Demon interrupted the Boomerang story, but I can't deny that it would be fun to see characters like Grizzly and the Looter appear on occasion, particularly interacting with the team members (as Hydro-Man did with Shocker in issue #9).  In other words, it was good stuff all around.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment