Thursday, July 31, 2014

Amazing X-Men #9 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Well, I have to say, I did not see that ending coming.  I mean, I kind of thought that we might see Logan turned into a Wendigo, since the odds definitely didn't seem to be in his favor.  But, I sure as Hell didn't expect him to turn into one just in time to kill Talisman as she was casting the spell to cure Canada of the Wendigo curse.  (Theoretically, she might not be dead, but she looks pretty damn dead here.)  With magic off the table as a possible solution to the problem, you have to wonder how the X-Men are going to cure a few hundred rampaging Wendigo without hurting any of them.  (Paging Dr. Strange?  Or, maybe, Magik?)  My only complaint about this issue is that Talisman seemed to have found the spell to cure the curse pretty quickly.  If it was that easy, you figure somebody would've managed to have done so by now, given that the curse affected, you know, the entire country.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment