Wednesday, July 23, 2014

New Warriors #7 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I know Marvel is really trying to make this Inhumans thing happen, but it really needs Rachel McAdams to tell them that it's not going to happen.

I mean, OK, I sort of get where they're going here.  Some of the newly minted Inhumans decide that they're superior to human, probably because their lives as humans weren't so great.  They've somehow all found each other, and they seem to follow a leader called Lash.  I get that part.  Sometimes, bullies are just waiting to get power to be born.  However, I'm not quite sure why they're so hellbent on recruiting Haechi, since they don't seem to be trying to recruit all the new Inhumans and he doesn't seem particularly interested in joining their ranks.  But, it seems like we'll learn more next issue.

Meanwhile, we've got some Celestial-powered humanoids arriving on Earth and the team on Wundagore Mountain can't find the source of evil that possessed Water Snake.  I'm glad to see Yost stay on this latter story, since I was worried that it would fade into the background without us getting an explanation.

Despite Marvel pushing the Inhumans bit, I like Haechi.  I'm eager to see us wrap up his origin story here so that we can move onto other pursuits, but I'm willing to give Yost an issue or two more to do so before I start complaining loudly.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment