Friday, July 4, 2014

Wolverine and the X-Men #5 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I was actually thinking about dropping this series, but we finally get somewhere here.

First, Quentin asks the question that I've been asking all along, namely how Evan could destroy Faithful John's world if Quentin killed Evan before that.  Quentin comes to the conclusion that the Phoenix is actually responsible for the lies, and he apparently convinces Younge to send him to his future self.  Latour isn't totally clear why Younge decides to do so, so I'm left to assume that Younge is actually working for future Quentin.  (Latour might be getting somewhere, but I'm not saying that it's still not confusing.)  We're left wondering why future Quentin sent back Younge and (maybe) Faithful John to take out present Evan, but at least it's a clearer question than our original one.  Speaking of Faithful John, everything related to him is still unclear, as the preceding few sentences make clear.  (Follow that?)

I'm not saying that I now love this series.  I feel like it's still an issue-to-issue decision for me.  But, I'm here for at least one more, since the idea of Quentin and Idie tearing through the future sounds pretty great.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment