Sunday, September 21, 2014

Secret Avengers #6 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

So...

Someone has a vendetta against Black Widow and uses Lady Bullseye to trick her into getting on a train that she believes has a bomb on it.  However, it doesn't have a bomb on it.  The "bomb" is on the tracks and it's the same type of bomb as Vladimir the Sentient Bomb.  It creates some sort of time-space vortex and Black Widow and Lady Bullseye are on the train as it speeds into it.

Phil goes to the Amazon where he finds a guy who advised Derrida and draws images of M.O.D.O.K., the Fury (I think), and possibly Dragon Man in the dirt.  The perpetrator of the grand scheme against S.H.I.E.l.D. apparently also approached the adviser years ago and his failure to "get rid of them" (whoever "them" is) is the source of everyone's troubles now.  Hawkeye -- sent by Maria to find Phil -- arrives two days later, where the adviser tells him, "Recover AIM.  AIM is the path."  He then sends him to Buenos Aires, where he finds Deadpool and a bunch of dancing A.I.M. agents at the "A.I.M.ee Mann Fan Central" building.

In other words, I still have no idea what I'm reading or where we're going.  It seems that we're getting closer to the guy pulling the strings, but I'm guessing that we're going to have to wait awhile until we get there.  It's getting hard to rate these issues, because most of the time I appreciate the fractured story-telling technique that Kot is using even if it sounds like I hate it.

That said, Kot is asking us to take the details on a lot of faith.  For example, we're supposed to believe that Coulson could easily find not only Derrida's spiritual adviser, but that said adviser will tell him what he needs to know...and then we repeat the whole process with Hawkeye two days later.  At this stage, I really wouldn't mind some details just to make it a little easier to remember what happened in the previous issue.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment