Tuesday, October 14, 2014

All-New X-Men #32 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Bendis hasn't entirely convinced me that we haven't moved into the absurd with the kids now displaced in time and place, but, eh, I'm willing to go with it for a while.  The problem is that Bendis' and my definition of "a while" might be different.

Whereas Jean manages not only to ascertain where she is but also to find someone that might be able to get her home by the end of this issue, the boys aren't so lucky.  Angel is stuck in the Savage Land with Wolverine's son, Mole Man takes Iceman hostage, and the Beast finds himself in Latveria.  It's hard to see these situations resolving themselves quickly, let alone the various team members finding their way to one another.  Even Jean finds herself at a dead end, since the tear in the space/time continuum that allowed them to travel to Ultimate Earth has sealed.

Thinking about it carefully, it seems like Marvel decided to bench the kids for "Axis," and I'm worried that Bendis is going to have to use increasingly ridiculous plot devices to keep them separated and trapped on Ultimate Earth while he waits for "Axis" runs its course.  Since I've never been particularly interested in the Ultimate line, I can't say that I want to spend that much time there.  I guess we'll see how it goes.

(All that said, I'll admit that Miles' warning that he's a teenage boy, so a tour of his mind might...disturb Jean, was freaking hilarious.)

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment