Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hawkeye #20 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Matt Fraction did something I didn't think possible:  he made me hate Kate Bishop and hope something horrible happens to her so that I never have to read another comic with her again.  I'm pretty sure that he wasn't intending that to be my reaction, but there you have it.

I know people are really in love with this story, but I just can't.  I'll even acknowledge that Fraction manages to reveal that we were reading a more coherent plot than I gave him credit for putting into place.  But, something about Kate's adventures in L.A. have just seemed beyond the pale when it came to believability.  She seemed to regress in terms of maturity.  Her supporting cast of characters miraculously love her despite the fact that she ruins their business and homes.  The cops inexplicably allow her to operate as an unlicensed private detective.  It was all just too much.

I just can't believe where I am with this series.

(zero of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment