Friday, November 7, 2014

New Warriors #10 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

If I'm being honest, I can't say that I'm devastated that this series is being canceled.  It's been a solid outing, but it's definitely missing something.  I want to say that I'm really engaged with the New Warriors' fight with the High Evolutionary, the Evolutionnaries, and the sub-Celestial squad that appears at the end of this issue, but it'd be a lie.  "Atlantis Attacks" was really the High Evolutionary's moment in the sun, and every story in which he's appeared since then just feels like a re-hashed version of that.  This one is different only because we get the addition of the always-confusing Evolutionnaries, whose motives seem to change with every author that uses them.  I'm not sure if Yost made the best call starting this series with this arc, particularly since the Warriors that I remember were a lot more street level than this team has been.  But, again, it's not bad so much as it's just average, and average doesn't really cut it for series in this this market place that don't involve Wolverine.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment