Monday, April 27, 2015

Batgirl: Endgame #1 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

If you're a fan of wordless issues, this one is a pretty solid entry in the genre.  I mean, I can't say that it's essential reading for Batgirl fans or "Endgame" readers.  But, it does show Barbara Gordon doing what she does best, somehow saving a bus full of refugees (including Lucius Fox and his family) from the Jokerized zombies.  (Lucius' daughter, of course, gets lost in the shuttle, resulting in a pretty awesome moment where I honestly wasn't sure how Babs was going to save her.  Let's just say, I was pleasantly surprised when it involved driving a bus off a bridge and deploying glider wings.)  The only interesting part from an Endgame perspective is that we seem to be evacuating Gotham.  Honestly, it seems like forever since I've read a "Batman" issue, so I really can't remember where we are in the main story.  In that way, it probably didn't hurt to have this issue at least keep the story fresh for me.  But, again, it doesn't really forward the plot of "Endgame," so you can skip it if you're not totally inspired.

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment