Friday, April 24, 2015

Star Wars #3 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Honestly, I'm not sure I can even review this series anymore.  Aaron does such an amazing job of making you feel like you're watching a "Star Wars" movie by four or five minute intervals that engaging in criticism of it feels like a betrayal of my childhood self.  Moreover, even if I were to engage in criticism, I'm not sure what I would say.  Everyone sounds exactly like they should sound and behaves like they should behave.  It's hard to single out anything in particular.  I was intrigued by the revelation that Obi Wan left behind some sort of Jedi guidebook for Luke, but I'm really just here to bask in the glory of engaging with these characters in this way after so long.  I can definitely see this comic being the one that gets people who've never read a comic before to start reading them.

**** (four of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment