Saturday, June 13, 2015

Free Comic Book Day (Avengers) (2015) #1 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Unlike "Divergence:  FCBD" #1, this issue doesn't really do much in terms of the larger events in the Marvel Universe.  It (presumably) gives us a glimpse of the Avengers team that forms after "Secret Wars," since Miles Morales now appears to exist in the mainstream Marvel Universe.  But, it's mostly just a cute romp, with the senior Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Vision) using an unexpected attack by Radioactive Man to impart some wisdom on the new recruits (Ms. Marvel, Nova, and Spider-Man).  Nova is still as annoying as ever, but I'l admit that I could handle him better since Miles serves as my proxy by expressing a similar annoyance at him.  Unfortunately, it's only a few pages long, since ten pages of this issue is dedicated to the effing Inhumans.  I'm going to continue my practice of totally ignoring their existence in defiance of Marvel's efforts to make me care about them, though I'll acknowledge that they dragged down my rating of this issue.

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment