Saturday, January 2, 2016

Miracleman by Gaiman and Buckingham #4 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Gaiman continues telling stories of the post-"Destruction of London" world here, and I have to say that this one is probably the strongest of the bunch.  It's from the point-of-view of one of the mothers of Miracleman's babies, a program revealed a few issues ago as part of his and Miraclewoman's transformation of the world.  It's a sad story, since the protagonist, Rachel, had her daughter, Mist, in part to fill a void, but Mist -- as something more than human -- is unable to need Rachel the way that she needs her to need her.  (I know it's a lot of "needs" in that sentence, but I think I got them in the right sequence.)  As compelling of a story as it is, though, I continue to feel like it's time to get to the point.  Something has to happen at sometime, right?

*** (three of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment