Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ultimates #3 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Man, this issue is boring.  In fact, it's the issue where I decided that I just can't do it with this series anymore.  I've still got an issue or two in my pile, so I'll post about those issues when I get to them.  But, otherwise, I'm done.  In this issue, Monica casually tells Carol that she thinks that she's actually naturally made of light, that her human form is actually the construct.  Upping the power sweepstakes, America punches a path outside the known Universe for the team, suffering nothing more serious than a nosebleed.  The premise of why they go to the edge of the Universe is interesting:  the Black Panther and Blue Marvel want to examine the damage that the heroes of Earth have done to the timestream.  But, this premise just can't compensate for the fact that Ewing is doing little to make me feel emotionally invested in these characters, even ones that I've followed for years, like America, Carol, and Monica.  When everyone is a god, noting is interesting.

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment