Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Captain America and Black Widow #637 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

OK,  I've had a few weeks to get used to the idea of multiple versions of Kashmir Venemma acting as weapon dealers here in our dimension's Earth (and, apparently, on other Earths as well).  I still can't say that I'm thrilled with it, but I'll at least concede that it's an original idea.  I don't remember Immortus or Kang everyone using their time-traveling abilities to serve as weapons dealers.  However, the problem is that, even if I find the idea original, I still can't say that I care.  We may be dealing with multiple versions of Kashmir, but I still find it hard to view them as separate people, as Bunn clearly wants us to do given the sympathetic approach that he takes to the Kashmir working the controls at Vennema HQ.  As such, I can't help but think, "OMG, Kashmir Vennema AGAIN?"  Also, it doesn't help that both Black Widow and Captain America feel flat to me.  In fact, the only personality that either character showed was when Cap essentially threatened to anally assault two agents with their shivs.  (Yup.  Not kidding.  I'm just going to leave that one there.)  This series just continues to be hot and cold for me.  I really enjoyed the Iron Man version, but the Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Namor versions have all been, to varying degrees, disappointments.  I believe this series is getting canned in Marvel NOW! and I can't say that I'm too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment