Thursday, February 28, 2013

Scarlet Spider #14 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Seriously, what the fuck?

I didn't read "Amazing Spider-Man" during the Other era.  The reviews of that storyline are not great.  As such, it significantly confuses me why Yost would add this element to the mix while we're already dealing with the mystery of Aracely and the Lobos.  She appears to be some sort of goddess incarnate, but we never really get to focus on that revelation because Kaine is too busy selling his soul to the Other.  (Also, seriously, the Lobos killed Kaine, but a street gang manages to defeat them?)

Ugh.  I can only hope that this storyline will be dropped once this arc concludes.  Every time I feel like we're making progress in putting behind Kaine constantly considering himself a monster Yost for some reason seems to regress.  Can I just pretend this issue didn't happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment