Saturday, February 23, 2013

Young Avengers #1 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I read this book standing up.

I picked up this issue off my bookshelf and, despite my anal-retentive need to get through my back issues in chronological order, I unwisely made the decision to just peek at the first page.  And I love Kate Bishop so I was excited to see her.  And I turned the page.  And I didn't expect her to be on a spaceship and then I definitely didn't expect that spaceship to be attacked by Skrulls.  And then, suddenly, Hulking was giving a terribly moving speech about how Billy has everything he ever wanted and yet Teddy is the one who watched his only parent burn to death in front of him.  And then we had Loki.  And some girl I didn't recognize.  And then Loki seemed to know something about Billy that we don't know.  And then Teddy's mom was alive.  And then she maybe killed Billy's parents.

And I am totally and completely effing thrilled that these characters are in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment