Thursday, August 8, 2013

Red Hood and the Outlaws #21 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

Unfortunately, I think I've finally gotten to the last straw when it comes to me and this series.  I was hopeful when Tynion took over this title that we'd ditch the All-Caste business and the bad "Star Wars" homages and focus more on Jason, K'ori, and Roy fighting bad guys in a way that didn't nicely mesh with superhero ethics, as this series first seemed to promise.  However, we're now embroiled in a battle between the League of Assassins (who want Jason to lead them) and the Untitled and I can't say that I care.  Moreover, Tynion reverses track on a number of plot points, with Essence suddenly becoming an ally because it suited the story for her to exposit Hugo Strange's betrayal and the Untitled announcing that the bounty that they placed on the team's head was a ruse so that they could...actually, I'm not really sure what it was supposed to do.  I think that I have one more issue left in the stack, but, unless it's phenomenal, I think I'm finally dropping this title.  Sorry, Jason.  You deserved better.

No comments:

Post a Comment