Saturday, February 22, 2014

Justice League of America #11 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I'm tempted to stop getting this series now, rather than waiting for "Forever Evil" to end, as I was planning.  This issue was hard to follow and I can't say that I was particulary motivated to sort through the mess.  Ostensible, it involved J'onn and Stargirl traveling to the West Coast so J'onn could find Firestorm and Stargirl could find her family.  But, they're waylaid by a giant robot destroying Denver.  However, it's not simply a matter of the two of them saving Denver and continuing onto the West Coast.  This story seemingly gets spliced by another story, of Stargirl confronting a man holding another man hostage.  I say "seemingly" because I couldn't tell if this story happened before or after the fight with the robot; in fact, it seems like it didn't happen in Denver at all.  Plus, we're never told why the man wanted to attract her, since he immediately flees.  Moreover, Stargirl also sees random images of her childhood throughout this issue, images that we're told relate to the profound sadness that apparently motivates her.  (I'm guessing that she discovers her father dead?)  But, these images fade and they defeat the robot, only to be attacked by Despero (I think).  It's all confusing and I can't say that I really care at all.

* (one of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment