Monday, July 14, 2014

Original Sins #2 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I love Dane Whitman.  He was one of my favorite characters in the "Avengers" during Bob Harras' run.  (I keep meaning to re-read that run, since I was totally obsessed with Proctor and the Gatherers in the day.)  I would love to see him return to the Avengers, and hopefully we'll see them help him overcome the bloodlust that the Ebony Blade is inspiring in him, as we learn in this issue.  (Of course, I'm not really getting the main Avengers series right now, since I can't stand Jonathan Hickman, but I'm willing to play the long game here.)

The less said about the Hood and Young Avengers story, the better.  Ugh.  The Hood is trying to help his drug-addict cousin (and his fellow drug-addicts) after the exposure to the Watcher's secrets fried their already "altered" consciousnesses.  Sure.  North doesn't really tell us why the Hood suddenly decides that he wants to help people, which makes it almost impossible to believe anything that happens here. I hope Allan Heinberg and Kieron Gillen aren't reading this series.

** (two of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment