Thursday, March 3, 2016

Star Wars Annual #1 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

This issue is possibly the best issue that I've ever read of any comic ever.  Seriously, it's that good.  Gillen's pacing is amazing, and he leads us to a climax that I never, ever saw coming.  In Eneb Ray, he also gives us a "hero" (in quotes, as Ray himself would caveat that title) that I instantly wanted to see in his own series.  (Like, immediately.)  I won't spoil the ending (even with the usual caveat about spoilers), because it's just that good.  But, I will say that it's the type of ending that I like to see every once in a while and one that we actually rarely see.  Even if you're not reading the main "Star Wars" series, pick up this issue.  It encapsulates all the swash-buckling courage -- and mind-numbing villainy -- of "Star Wars."  You won't be sorry.

***** (five of five stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment