Monday, February 24, 2014

Hawkeye #16 (HERE BE SPOILERS!)

I love Kate Bishop.  I do.  She's really the heart and soul of the Young Avengers and she's good for Clint.  But, I'm not actually convinced that Fraction writes her as well as he writes Clint and I really wish that we could just return to our regularly scheduled programming.  I enjoy trippy stories as much as the next person, but Fraction just seems to be throwing too much at us here:  Kate has gone from the competent de facto leader of a superhero team to a flighty trustafarian on hard times, we've got a ghost mentor that she meets only in the supermarket, and I'm not really sure how much value her neighbors add other than a shot of diversity and assists in exposition.  If Fraction was writing it as a separate series, I could decide to cut bait on my own.  But, the problem is that I'm actually here for Clint, so I'm more or less forced to read the Kate issues, which isn't exactly a recipe for an enjoyable comics experience.  I mean, if I'm not even going to get Pizza Dog, what's the point?

** (two of five stars)

(I'm not even going to talk about the ridiculousness of them skipping an issue...)

No comments:

Post a Comment